What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect the following information:
- First Name, Last Name and Company Name
- Contact information including email address and telephone contact numbers
- Demographic information such as Address, Postcode & IP Address
- Detailed information regarding your equipment which includes: Make, Model, Operating System, Serials Numbers and Job Description
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- For warranty purposes for the devices repaired
- History of device repairs
- To carry out any work order / service
- To prevent spam / site attacks (IP Data Collection)
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send you general (non-marketing) communications
- Follow up with email enquires / Live Chat
- Allow you to use the “Repair Status Checker” feature
Contact Form / Contact Us
Live Chat / Tawk
- If you decide to change your name on the contact form (optional)
- If you enter your email address (optional)
- If you disclose any personal information in the chat message
Tawk.to will also log your IP Address at the time of interaction to prevent misuse of the Live Chat Feature. Tawk.to also requires cookies to be stored on your device in order to function. Tawk.to cookies are classed as 3rd party cookies and any functional cookie that tawk.to requires to operate will only be functional / held on your device if you consent, opting to refuse consent will prevent the features of live chat from working, your IP will not be recorded via tawk.to if you refuse consent to the live chat or if you do not engage with the live chat feature.
A Cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use social media to engage with users and the JW Computer Solutions website links to our Facebook and Twitter pages. We do not keep any specific data that identifies you as an individual user, but hold details of our followers on these platforms. You should refer to the Privacy Policies of these channels to understand how they treat your data in relation to linking to our site.
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are subject to our terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate and/or engage with them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details.
JW Computer Solutions uses social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised that before using such social sharing buttons, that they do so at their own discretion, and should consider that the social media platform may track and save requests to share a web page, through the users’ social media platform account.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We currently embed the following:
Tawk.to Chat Widget – This allows us to chat direct via our live chat application.
Facebook Page Posts – This is used on our “News Feed” page to display post that we post via our Facebook social media page.
JW Computer Solutions cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website and users click on external links at their own risk. JW Computer Solutions and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Who we share your data with
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information. We do however share your data with our trusted 3rd party “Tawk” If you use our live chat feature. No information will be shared unless you consent to using our Live Chat.
How long we retain your data
We carefully consider the personal data that we store, and we will not keep your information in a form that identifies you for longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this notice or as required by applicable law. The need to hold information is regularly reviewed and information/data will be disposed of when no longer required.
How we protect your personal data
We implement reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices in order to protect your Personal Information and ensure that such Personal Information is not accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- We Restrict Access to data withg password restriction
- We use TLS website encryption to protect communications (Green Padlock)
- We use AES encryption when storing information offline.
However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such precautions. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Credit / Debit Card Storage
We do not store credit / debit card details.
- Right to Access – You have the right to access your personal data and to request a data export from us.
- Right to Rectification – You have the right to have any incorrect or incomplete personal data corrected.
- Right to Restrict – You have the right to request the restriction of processing your personal data where there is no legitimate reason for us to do so.
- Right to Object – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we have no legitimate reason to do so.
- Right to Erasure – You have the right to request the erasure of any personal data we have collected. However, this right does not override our financial and legal requirements to keep certain data (see above).
- Right to Withdraw Consent – You have the right to withdraw consent (unsubscribe) from any marketing communications we may send you.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please Contact Us. We will correct any information found to be incorrect. Proof of your identity will be required.
Changes to this policy
This policy was last updated: 28th July 2018